Paul Kuczynski Art Wit

Art As Social Commentary.

” All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man’s life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom” (Albert Einstein).

Art As Social Commentary is a springboard for bringing attention and discussion to political, cultural and social issues. Art can vividly express complex problems in ways that words do not. The artist, in exploring the nature of society assumes the role of reporter, an analyst. They use their work for social and political commentary questioning and depicting the world around them, using art to help shape the debate.

Satire in commentary is meant to be funny. With irony and sarcasm the foibles and follies, vices, abuses and shortcomings of society are held up for ridicule. The intent is to shame the public or individual to improvement. Viewing art is an individual experience and as each has a unique interpretation the layers of complexity build up as more than one meaning can be attached to humor that is political, social or moral.

Artist Paul Kuczynski was born 1976 in Szczcin, Poland. He studied fine art at the university at Poznan and uses illustration as a means of conveying concerns about social and ethical issues. Paul’s social criticism uses wit as a weapon. I love it.

“Forests keep disappearing, rivers dry up, wild life’s become extinct, the climates ruined and the land grows poorer and uglier every day” (Anton Chekhov -1860 – 1904-)

Gallery | This entry was posted in environment, politics, the hungry brain and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Paul Kuczynski Art Wit

1. Absolutely wonderful.

2. As a satirical artist myself, I greatly appreciate both the art and the thoughtful commentary.

3. aquacompass7 says:

From Japan. Thank you for visiting and following my blog. Satire in pictures are funny and sad.

4. mandarine says:

Very interesting artworks with something to say!! Thanks,

5. Hi,

What a wonderful post! Loved the art and your commentary. Satire if done correctly, skewers its subject so well, it is often impossible to ever take it as seriously as before.

Thanks again, Bruce

6. latefruit says:

These are all fantastic! thank you for sharing. I wish more, many more people could see them.

7. C.J. Chanco says:

Reblogged this on A Cynic Meets Hope.

8. I’m slightly confused about the bread crumbs & calendar one ..
    But the rest of these are brilliant (:
    I want to use one for a project I have for English, but deciding on which shows the most criticism .

9. My favorite one is the rice planting
    😉

10. pendantry says:

Do these pieces have titles? My favourite is the last one, for which my title would be ‘talking shite’.

11. Dohn … I don’t have words to describe the impact of this post. Thank you.
    Michael Fox

12. Simply Tim says:

The kid with the wind-up toy dove is my favorite.

13. The pictures are amazing! Thank you for posting.

14. No doubt Kuzcynki’s images are thought-provoking, but I like Albert Einstein’s quote best.

15. OMG. I loved this art! Thanks so much for sharing.

16. Interesting, the small thread that connects this post of yours and the post I did yesterday on celebrity obligation.

Love the work of this artist you featured. Thanks!

17. Fabulous illustrations by a terrific artist and thought-provoking commentator indeed.

18. Simply Tim says: